Sunday, March 14, 2010

Update & Turtle Bay Anniversary Pics!

Andy is out of town on a mission, ... again. I'm learning what it is like to be a pilot's wife, in the real Air Force. Even though Hawaii has it easier than some of the other bases for his jet, he might as well be deployed right now as he's been home about as much the last three weeks. Well, not home. :-) But, hey, just the same as any other pilot's wife .. airlines, etc. No complaining, just growing.

So, I thought I'd take a moment to write a post about what's going on right now on the island. I went to church today with my friend, Jessica, and it was wonderful. While singing a favorite praise and worship song this morning, I realized how much I missed my close friends and families. It was a nice time ... so MANY friendly people. The weather was beautiful, so Jess and I decided to take ourselves out to lunch just us, since Kevin is deployed and Andy is gone. I can't remember the last time I didn't have anything pressing for an afternoon and was able to just take my time and grab a bite "out." It was so nice and we stopped in a perfect little high-end consignment and antique shop, that was just too darn cute. We both made some fun purchases and then just enjoyed lunch at a small cafe with peach danishes and coffee/hot tea to finish it off, European style! I really felt like I was transported to Germany for a second at a Baekerei ... yu-um! Now, it's drizzling outside, since we are in the rainy season, and I'm accomplishing small chores around the house like ironing and dusting while listening to Anne of Green Gables from the dvd player! ;-) 

Well, we've reached the day when the mainland changes their clocks and "springs forward!" For us here in Hawaii, we stay the same. So, fam and buds, we are now 5 hours earlier for you in CST! I know you had just been getting used to the time difference, and now it's an additional hour earlier! No worries, just leave me a message if you call and I'm on a different part of my day ... I'll call you back! Andy is a day ahead of ME, in Japan, which makes it ultra confusing. I think he's due back toward the end of the week. We will just see! =)

My new job is going really well! I'm liking all the friendly excited military folks and their families coming in to buy tickets ... sometimes right off the airplane! There have been a lot of visitors from Alaska lately and they are ecstatic to be here! Everyone is very nice and excited. I'm selling all kinds of packages to fun activities like: submarine trips, luaus, helicopter rides, parasailing, shark cages, sunset dinner cruises and whale watch cruises, just to name a few! It's a fun job and so much less stressful than advertising or marketing. It's right around the corner from our neighborhood, and I'm averaging about 25 hours a week! It's fun to get to know more people as well.

I thought I'd post some photos from our anniversary trip up to the North Shore where we stayed at Turtle Bay Resort. I found some great seashells and they were filming a surf movie while we were there. It was a lovely time and we got back home before the "tsunami" tried to hit! I hope everyone is having a good month! If you ever want to skype with us, just let me know and we'll make it a date.


 

We dug out a nice sand hole as a lounge spot!

 

The little mounds made by teensy little sand crabs on a deserted beach.

 

Our view at night. 
The beach we were at earlier, was the farthest you can see, all the way in the distance on the right! We walked the whole way around to there. So fun!

 

Our view in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment